Do you have a curiosity and passion for cybersecurity? Are you interested in joining a team where you can work together to protect a business? Would you like the chance to gain a BSc (Honours) degree whilst gaining practical work experience? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Motability Operations are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Cyber Security Analyst to join our team in either Bristol or London on a full-time, permanent basis. Enrolling on a 4-year degree Apprenticeship course through the Open University, the Apprentice Cyber Security Analyst will work to achieve a BSc (Honours) in Digital and Technology Solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to start a career within the Cyber Security & Resilience team. The team is rapidly expanding and has already established itself as the trusted advisor to the business. The business is undertaking critical cloud and digital transformation programmes with cybersecurity at the top of the agenda so you will have the chance to work with leading technologies along with best practice frameworks and partners.
- As Apprentice Cyber Security Analyst, you will be responsible for actively protecting critical data, the perimeter, networks and applications and business operations
- You will assist with expanding security monitoring across the entire infrastructure spectrum and critical applications covering tool deployment, operational runbooks, effective detection, reporting and metrics
- Your role will also allow you the opportunity to engage with outsourced security operations service providers and assist with the management and tailoring of their service
- The service providers cover technologies, such as Anti-DDoS, Intrusion Detection, Penetration Testing and Security Monitoring
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Although no formal qualifications are required, we are looking for anindividual who understands the importance of network technologies, application security and security principles within an organisation.
- Certifications or degrees in Information Security or Computer Science are of advantage but not essential - these could include: (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Security Fundamentals, ISACA CSX Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySA+
- Good understanding of network technologies, application security and security principles
- An interest in building a career in Cyber Security
- We're looking for someone who is passionate, interested, and curious about the cyber security world
- You will have a thirst for knowledge, great attention to detail and will be determined to deliver quality results as part of a team
Certifications or degrees in Information Security or Computer Science are of advantage but not essential - these could include: (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Security Fundamentals, ISACA CSX Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySA+Future prospects
Progression within the team.Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates