The Degree Apprenticeship Programme provides the opportunity to earn a competitive salary and obtain a degree whilst developing a career as a software engineer.
Participants will complete an apprenticeship with Infuse Consulting, while studying for a degree at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL).
Infuse Consulting apprentices will studyat QMUL for two days a week during term time and work for three days a week (five days a week during university holidays).
This approach allows our apprentices to be both productive employees at Infuse Consulting, developing professional skills on the job, and also be members of a learning community of students who are expanding and deepening their professional knowledge together.
Upon completion of the four-year programme, participants will graduate with a BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions from a Russell Group university.
If you have got a passion for both business and technology, there is a big future waiting for you right here!
A bit about what you will be doing day-to-day:
- Gaining expert, up-to-date knowledge in the domain of testing and continuous testing, particularly in relation to business process testing
- Designing application features to meet the requirements of customers and the business.
- Developing application code and scripts in cloud services, on the desktop and in the browser, using expert techniques and practices to deliver correct and maintainable software.
- Using strong UI design principles and modern patterns for a responsive, reactive, and engaging user experience
- Creating automated tests for application code and scripts to enable rapid incremental development, continuous integration, and delivery.
- Conducting performance engineering experiments to ascertain the performance, reliability and scalability of business systems.
- Supporting continuous integration and continuous deployment systems and configurations
- Build infrastructure-as-code deploying working machines, networking, and software.
- Writing documentation and support information and providing help and support to system users
- Presenting to peers both internal and external technical finding and business benefits as they get found.
- Presenting pre-sales ideas to customers
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Computer science and/or engineering backgrounds
- Strong aptitude and interest in programming
- Able to express, present and debate complex ideas clearly in written and spoken English
- Able to contribute reasoned, logical, practical, and creative ideas to help develop the best possible software products and business solutions
- Able to investigate and learn new technologies, languages, libraries, patterns, and practices
- Able to provide samples of code that have been written personally
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Dependability and a Strong Work Ethic
- Maturity and a Professional Attitude
- Adaptability and Flexibility
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY
It is essential that you meet the minimum entry requirements for this apprenticeship. With regret, your application will not be considered if you do not provide us with all the requisite information in your application.
Please read the detailed minimum entry requirements here: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/2021/digital-and-technology-solutions-software-engineer/
Please outline in your application the GCSE and A Level/BTEC/IB/Access to HE qualifications you are predicted or have already achieved.
A reminder of what the minimum criteria are:
GCSE -Mathematics at grade B or 5
Either: 3 x A-level - BBB including either Mathematics or Computer Science (excludes General Studies andCritical Thinking).
or: International Baccalaureate (IB) -30points overall with 5,5,5 in three Higher Level subjects including either Mathematics or Computer Science.
or: BTEC - RQF (2016) DDD in Computing with a B in A Level Mathematics
or: Access HE- Access to HE in either Computing, Electrical and Electronic Engineering or IT and Product Design with 45 credits at Level 3, of which 30 credits must be at Distinction and 15 credits at Merit or higher.
****Please ensure that ALL qualifications achieved or pending are listed on the application form. You must give the full name, date, grade or predicted grade for each qualification. Your application will not be considered if you do not provide this information.
Given the vocational nature of Degree Apprenticeships consideration will be given to reducing the academic entry requirements should applicants have relevant work experience. Queen Mary and the employer will agree to consider such applications on a case-by-case basis.
In terms of residency for non-UK students, to be eligible for an Apprenticeship you must:
- a citizen of the UK or European Economic Area (EEA)
- or have lived in the UK or EEA for the past three consecutive years
- or a non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of the apprenticeship.
Potential for future progression within the company upon successful completion of the degree apprenticeship.
Typically, candidates who successfully complete their degree apprenticeship will be offered a full-time position within the organisation and enrolled at Grade C3 (as a minimum).Things to consider
You will be expected to travel to client sites as necessary and where travel is outside of the M25. Youwill be fully reimbursed travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs.
We have a flexible work from home policy and we expect your work will be split as follows:
- On campus Study - 2daysper week
- Work from home between 1-2 days per week (alternatively)
- Work from Aldgate office between 2-3 days per week (alternatively)
Where you are on project site, you may be expected to work up to 3-4 days per week depending on circumstances.
This is a software engineering / IT Consultant apprenticeship and you will conduct the majority of your work on a computer screen.
- Company Benefits
- Private Healthcare for you and your family
- Dental Plan for you and your family
- Cycling allowance to/from work
- Death in service 4x salary
- Employee Assistance programme for counselling, health, legal, household (available to immediate family)
- Workplace Pension
- Mobile and Laptop for remote working
Discretionary Rewards for free coffee, discounted gym, Amazon prime, discounted flight tickets and other benefits from our private healthcare provider.
Discretionary bonus for based on personal and business performance - we put our engineers and consultants at the heart of our business.