HR and OD Service Client Delivery:
Working efficiently across a portfolio of Public Sector, Not for Profit and Small/Medium Enterprise clients on a range of generalist HR activities, you will need to:
- Listen, understand and proactively action supporting the provision of HR and OD advice to clients that span the 4 service lines of the Consultancy; from Everyday HR activity, People Development and Business Optimisation, Business Growth, Change and Development through to Workplace Wellbeing.
- Provide a flawless level of exceptional high standard and quality outcomes and communication at all times internally and externally.
- Effectively and efficiently plan own workload, managing competing and conflicting demands from own client portfolio and requirements needed from other members of the Client Delivery Team. Planning all work out with clarity and ability to readjust planned work with agility where required ensuring that all client workplans are uploaded and maintained on the Monday system.
- Lead on the HR administration support for the Client Delivery Team and organise and maintain all client files and records (including their personnel files), ensuring best practice regarding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) compliance and operating within the Consultancy's standard procedures. Ensuring robust filing systems and version controlling / archiving is in place.
- Be the Contract Lead on a small portfolio of clients (primarily Elite level Retained) and assisting with administrative requirements set out in workplans across all other client portfolios where required.
- Understand the varying levels of Retained HR Services to clients, or any bespoke Pay As You Go (PAYG) project work to be undertaken. Creatively ensuring that work is delivered within and on time (as defined in the client contract) and appropriate communicative interactions are applied both internally and externally.
- Produce high quality client experience quarterly review reports and annual workplans in a timely manner that are meaningful and engaging for the client, attending client experience meetings where required.
- Develop and maintain productive exceptional standards of delivery and 'trusted' collaborative relationships with clients', colleagues, You HR network and own network, providers and other representatives, demonstrating professional credibility at all times.
- Supporting the Senior HR Consultant to progress any client feedback / recommendations to enhance the Client Experience where gaps may be identified that could be of detriment to the client or the delivery of You HR Services.
- Contribute to internal resource planning, providing accurate high-level headlines of client delivery resourcing needs that enables advanced planning.
- Track and record 'spent time' on client and other activity, flagging well in advance with the Head of HR Consultancy Services any concerns where over-delivery of time is required from the client contract.
Creative Design and Delivery:
- Provide regular content for marketing activity, ensuring at least a monthly planned stock of themed service line content, drawn from client experiences and/or researching best practice, participating in blogging and vlogging where required.
- Contribute and attend events within the corporate calendar ensuring that the 'creative flair' and standards of the You HR Consultancy brand is promoted at all times.
- Work in a way that strives for the best to achieve the Consultancy's vision to 'give back' to the Community and achieve continuous improvements for clients and for the Consultancy.
- Design and undertake reviews of You HR Academy content that spans the 4 service lines ensuring material produced follows best practice and is enticing for the client user (managers and/or staff) and promotes the refreshingly vibrant and modern brand and style of You HR Consultancy.
- Providing support and guidance to the corporate team (i.e. on the development, design and completion of content spanning out 4 service lines).
- Support the design, develop and implement new products across the 4 consultancy services lines that span the HR and OD offerings - including supporting the design and delivery of development programmes and other client or consultancy projects (i.e. improving the client experience journey, improving standard operating procedures).
- To self-maintain own continuing professional development record and ensure completion of annual POD (Personal and Organisational Development).
- Keep abreast of changes in employment legislation, HR practice, regulations and policies and strategic objectives of YHRC in order that accurate and relevant information is provided to clients, the core team and Associates.
- To proactively keep up to date (and share learning) across own role and proactively identify and progress own learning and development needs.
- Proactively progress plans for developing own HR knowledge, skill and experience. Keeping up to date information regarding developments in human resources practices, employment legislation, and sharing of knowledge within team.
- To keep abreast of YHRC policies and strategic objectives of YHRC in order that accurate and relevant information is provided to the core team and Associates.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good IT skills and knowledge on MS word, excel, powerpoint, outlook and social media platforms
- Excellent Communication and able to establish good working relationships
- Exceptional ability to multi task with excellent organisation, time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Exceptional relationship skills and able to build relationships
- Understanding and appreciation of working with confidential data and information
- Able to work with some autonomy (given guidance) and confidentiality
- Able to problem solve, deal with uncertainty
- Have an appreciation for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Good level of Literacy and Numeracy skill
- Able to work flexibly dependant on client needs, (with travel to client sites where required)
- Team player
- Careful attention to detail (quality and accuracy)
- Organised and efficient
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Warm/friendly personality
- Customer focussed
- Reliable and trustworthy
- High level attention to detail
- Well organised and able to plan work methodically
- Willingness to learn with a can do attitude
- Ability to use their own initiative
- Passionate about the company and what they do
- Good sense of humour
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C (9-4) or equivalent including English and maths.
L3 HR qualification and/or equivalent work-based experience and now ready to take the next step in your HR career.Future prospects
This role could lead to a permanent position with lots of potential for future career progression and personal development. There may also be the opportunity to progress onto a more advanced level apprenticeship or other avenues of development progression.Things to consider
You HR Consultancy Limited are based in Wallingford at Howbery Business Park which is accessible by road and bus.
The role will have a requirement to travel to client sites as required.
Work is planned but day to day matters arise, so needing to re-plan, prioritise, proactively raise any difficulties to ensure work continues and doesn't become a pressure.
The work is varied, some HR matters can be distressing, particularly in current circumstances but support will be on hand.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role. Should the right candidate be found prior to the closing date, then the vacancy may be closed early.
Any new person applying for apprenticeship roles where Abingdon and Witney College deliver the training will berequired to attendan Apprenticeship information session at Witney or Abingdon campus.
This will consist of a series of initial assessments (required prior to an apprenticeship offer), completion ofessential paperwork, theopportunityto find out more about theapprenticeship process, the training included, and a forum for your questions.
As a new Apprenticeship Applicant, you will only have to undergo this process once. If you would like to talk to us about the assessments or if you would need any extra support to attend theInduction Dayplease call us on 01235 216216.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving Abingdon and Witney College permission to undertake a Learner Record Service check on your previous qualifications.
Individuals who already have a Degree qualification are now eligible to do an Apprenticeship. We make every effort to ensure that applicants from non-traditional academic backgrounds or those who may not have the formal GCSE entry requirements can access apprenticeships where possible.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.