1. Report to the Senior Estimator
2. Monitor the email enquiries and answer sales phone calls
3. Acknowledge enquiries and set up new quotation files
4. Help compile, manage and review tender applications
5. Assist Senior Estimator with compiling quotations and, in time, complete tenders with taking-off drawings and writing specifications
6. Follow up quotations with clients
7. When tenders are successful set up Contracts files (both hard copies and electronic):
- Ensure relevant documents and drawings are copied and transferred to each file.
- Prepare client order confirmation documents.
- Arrange hand over meetings to discuss project with construction team.
- Liaise with other team members, especially the Technical Director, Project Supervisor & Managers, Buyer and Surveyor, but also other Administrative staff and Directors.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Excel/Word/Outlook
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- Time management /organisational skills
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the construction industry would be an advantage
GCSE Grades C/4 or above in maths and English Level 3 Diploma Construction in the Built Environment.Future prospects
Permanent employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.