We are currently seeking hardworking, resourceful candidates to join our dynamic team at our Peterborough office as an Apprentice Project Engineer to be involved in the full life cycle delivery of control system projects. This role will incorporate software design, implementation, testing and undertaking of on-site commissioning where necessary.
The success candidate will be given training and mentoring, gaining experience and knowledge of PLC's, SCADA, HMI, variable speed drives and instrumentation.
The apprenticeship will be run through Grantham College on a day release and the course is:
Responsibilities will include:
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings
- Assisting with the creation of detailed functional design specifications (FDS)
- Configuration of control system architecture, network connections
- Production, modification and testing of SCADA & PLC software
- Site installation and commissioning
- Customer facing position
Whilst the majority of the work will be within standard working hours this operational role requires you to be flexible and can occasionally have a need to travel to sites which might include an overnight stay.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Proactive and a flexible team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and will take a methodical approach to tasks, ensuring attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication
Self-motivated and ambitious with a real interest in driving your career forward in the automation industry.Desired qualifications
- GCSEs grade C/4 or above including maths and English
- Level 3 Qualification in Engineering and Manufacturing
Project Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, ICA Technician, EC&I Engineer.Things to consider
Driving licience would be an advantage.