Job Overview and responsibilities:
To support the development of in-house solutions and to learn the skills required to become a Full Stack Software Developer working with front and back end technologies including:
- REST API
As an apprentice, you will need to actively participate in own development plan which will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the training provider.
Participate in meetings and other events designed to build confidence and improve communication skills when taking part in product demonstrations and reviews etc.
To work efficiently and effectively and develop the ability to manage own time and workload.
Applicants may be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence with communication
- Competent in reading and maths
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Professional manner
- L3 Software qualification and a genuine interest in the sector
- GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled