Responsibilities will include:
- To carry out duties in line with New Horizons-(Stockport) Ltd policies and procedures
- To act as a key worker to specific children and young people
- To promote structure, boundaries, and domestic routines within the home
- Working in line with children and young people's care and placement plans
- Promoting positive outcomes for children and young people in areas of staying safe, being healthy, enjoying and achieving, making a positive contribution, and achieving economic wellbeing
- To work in accordance with the National Minimum Care Standards for Children's homes and co-operate with any inspection process
- Provide a positive role model for the young people, presenting yourself in a highly professional manner
- Work in partnership with other agencies to the benefit of the young people
- Participate in, and complete reports for, statutory reviews and meetings concerning the young people
- Undertake relevant training programmes as required by the National Minimum Care Standards
- To escort young people in the pool car or own vehicle when required or requested by management
- Ensure that own vehicle is road worthy, taxed, MOT, and that you have valid business insurance
- Complete and maintain administrative records as required by the home
- Provide and participate in leisure activities in line with the care and placement plans of the young people
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, children, and families
- Attend and participate in supervision and staff meetings as required in the National MinimumCare Standards
- Work in partnership colleagues and other professional to meet the social, emotional, educational, health and mental health needs of young people
- Awareness and responsibility for the health and safety of the home, young people, colleagues, and yourself
- Supporting young people with project and group work
You must co-operate with the company in complying with the Health and Safety requirements and are therefore expected to follow Company policies, to acquaint yourself with the Fire, Health and Safety Procedures at your place of work and report any unsafe practices and conditions.
The post holder may be reasonably expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time. It is the responsibility of the post holder to comply with Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities requirements at all times.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Basic numeracy skills
- Ability to listen
- Conscientious and committed
- Ability to understand written instructions
- Able to communicate clearly
- Ability to communicate with children & establish supportive relationships
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above(or equivalent) in maths and English.Future prospects
Possible full-time employment and progression opportunities depending on the company financesat the time.Things to consider
DBS Check will need to be carried out.
Travel to the workplace.
Must be a car driver and hold a full UK Driving Licence (due to the nature of the role).