The main purpose of this role will be to provide extensive and first class web development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing modules and functionalities in PHP
- Liaising with customers via email / telephone
- Providing first class support to customers
- Viewing requirements and providing a solution for customers
- Providing cover during busy periods by providing customer email / telephone support
- Working on various OpenSource platforms such as Prestashop, WordPress, Magento
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong problem solver
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to further understanding by asking questions
- Existing Web Development experience.
- Existing Software Development Technician Level 3 / A Level / Extended Diploma qualification
- Previous customer / client experience
The chosen candidate will be an outgoing individual who is highly passionate about the field they are working in whilst having a desire to further their existing knowledge. Experience of self-study and looking to further your career is highly desirable.Desired qualifications
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our
- Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- Equivalent qualifications, or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.Future prospects
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.