Tax Apprentice role within an International Corporate Tax practice based in Leeds. Full on the job and outside training will be given in support of an apprenticeship and the successful candidate will be funded to study towards ICAEW's Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business.
Duties will include:
- Under the guidance and supervision of others;analysing and preparing Corporation Tax computations, liaising with clients, submitting tax returns
- Assisting with tax due diligences e.g. CT and VAT summaries, analysing questionnaires
- Ensuring documents and emails are filed correctly Performing AML checks
- Drafting engagement letters
- Tracking client deadlines and ensuring computations are submitted on time
- Attending client meetings to discuss new and ongoing work
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good at maths and English, but doesn't necessarily need to be first language
- Good knowledge of computers and ability with Word and Excel or equivalent, would be preferred
- Confident, articulate, eager to learn about tax and business
- Willing to work as part of a team, which occasionally means going beyond core hours
- Takes an interest in or has knowledge of their community or politics or money matters generally
A level maths and/or English (or equivalent) are preferred but not a requirement if general skill levels are good.
Other good A level passes need to be demonstrated to show commitment to working under pressure towards a specific goal - grades A-C (or equivalent).Future prospects
Subject to achieving CFAB status within a reasonable time, ACA or CTA qualification is likely be supported. Promotion prospects and progression of pay grade are also available upon successful completion of the apprentice programme.Things to consider
Benefits include free parking, 20 days annual holiday, Matched pension up to 5% from date of employment, Death in Service 4x salary and Up to £5,000.00 Company Loan for Season Ticket or other pre-approved purposes.