Responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to best practises and write clean code
- Develop web-based solutions using PHP
- Develop within agreed timescales and to agreed quality standards
- Review requirements and user stories
- Test and quality assure your own work and that of your team members
- Effectively communicate risks and concerns to your manager
- Research and learn new technologies and development methodologies
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management
It would be beneficial if you have some skills or experience in the following or a genuine desire to become highly skilled in: Personal qualities
- You can demonstrate an ability to problem solve, use your initiative, take responsibility, be organised and work independently
- Willing and able to work remotely as well as on site
- Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a development career
- Enjoy working in a team and problem solving
- Able to take ownership of work
You can write good quality code with sound syntax. You will enjoy problem solving and want to develop your skills in analysis and design and you will be able to interpret functional / technical specifications and ask relevant questions about what you don't understand.Desired qualifications
7 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4(or equivalent) including maths and English Language.
3 A Levelsat grades A*-C (or equivalent) in any subject but preferably one in a numerical or computing subject (e.g. maths, science, Computer Science etc.).
Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a development career.
You have a proven interest in coding through your A Level / college course or online platforms like Code Academy and are seeking a Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship.Future prospects
Opportunity to gain further qualifications upon completion.