Main Responsibilities include:
- Performing Application Support functions
- Writing of SQL scripts for data manipulation, including roll back scripts
- Adherence to agile practices
- Identify the cause of bugs and implement bug fixes
- Help develop new features
- Write Stored Procedures
- Assist our Software Testers
- Make our platform more testable
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Highly desired skills and qualities:
- Full stack.We do need you to be able to get involved with changes at all levels within our tech stack. We appreciate that people are stronger in some areas than others. But we do need you to be prepared to learn new skills
- C# ASP.NET.The core of our platform is written in C# using .NET Framework, so a deep understanding of ASP.NET with C# is essential. We are planning on migrating to .NET Core, so Core experience is desirable, but not essential
- MS SQL. We have a mix of Entity Framework and stored procedures. We need you to be proficient in developing queries for high performance stored procs.
- Object Oriented Programming. Can you tell us about your love of SOLID design principles?
- We are fully immersed in the Agile experience. We need you to be able to demonstrate experience at all levels through the software development lifecycle.We care about cycle time and we care about code quality. Are you used to working with Testers? Can you work alongside them to help guide them in the changes you're making?
- The quality of what we deliver is a priority. We need you to understand TDD (or better yet BDD) principles; and be able to write relevant and meaningful unit and integration tests.
We're looking for someone with the following mind-set / abilities:
- You love solving problems and working alone or with others to do it
- You put quality and the customer first
- You like sharing your successes and what works
- You want to sink your teeth into the technicalities and understand the who, what, when, where, why, and how of various situations
- The enthusiasm to overcome challenges
- Someone who understands that great teams are diverse in all possible senses
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload and who is not afraid to ask for help when needed
- The ability to cope well under pressure
- Flexibility with hours during busy periods when needed, matched with us being flexible when you need it
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our
- Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
- Ongoing support and development
- Great reward and recognitionsystem
- Flexitime (after probation)
- Attractive salary
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.