What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day work duties will include:
- Building inspections to obtain and record important project data
- Develop concept and detailed proposals for project work
- Assist in administering works contracts in the delivery of client's projects
- Supporting professional staff in building consultancy matters generally
- Producing CAD drawings
- Writing specifications and schedules of work
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 5 year training programme (Level 6 Apprenticeship), which includes a part time undergraduate degree (4
years) overlapping with an APC training programme (2 years, enrolled in year 4 of the undergraduate degree) leading
to become a Chartered Surveyor with an MRICS qualification. On the job training is provided to ensure all the required
knowledge and experience is obtained throughout the 6 year apprenticeship to qualify successfully
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The long term potential is for that individual to become a widely experienced general practice surveyor, having developed key property and business skills working within a team which is both UK and international, and which is part of a fast-growing part of Savills. The apprentice will also be given the necessary experience and support to qualify under the Corporate Real Estate APC Pathway.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Administrative skills, Punctual, reliable, keen
A Level or equivalent Any A level subject (Grade C,C,C) Desired
Things to consider
5 year training programme (Level 6 Apprentice), which entails a part time undergraduate degree apprenticeship (4 years) and APC (2 years, enrolled in year 4 of undergraduate degree) leading to MRICS qualification. Full on the job training provided for all skills required.