Our Finance team is at the heart of what we do, helping us shape and deliver our ambitious plans for the future.
Enjoying lots of variety, you'll support our teams and develop your skills in different areas of finance. You'll learn how to prepare balance sheet reconciliations, generate accruals, prepayments and adjustments. You'll also assist with financial reporting and help to improve our processes and procedures.
It all adds up to a great way to launch your career in finance with a team that is uncompromising and committed to providing an engaging, honest and inspiring working environment. Our apprenticeship programme aims to lead to a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA or ACCA) whilst earning a competitive salary over the course of 3 years.
The role will entail 6-month placements in different areas of the finance team to really broaden your skill set and understanding of finance. This will include 6 months in cash control, loss prevention, accounts payable and tax and VAT. With the third year progressing into an accounts assistant or junior management accountant role. You will also be expected to complete project work to enhance your personal learning whilst benefiting the way the finance team operates.
Daily duties may include:
- Balance sheet recs
- Posting accruals / Prepayments
- Carrying out reconciling
- Dealing with restaurant queries
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Reporting on restaurant performance
- Bank reconciliations
The apprenticeship will be run in conjunction with a recognised financial training provider who will support both your technical and personal development needs. This will entail working towards a professional chartered accounting qualification over the course of the 3 years.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Intermediate Excel
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong task and time management and self-discipline, with the ability to work methodically, accurately, and within tight deadlines, whilst dealing with interruptions effectively
- Good verbal/interpersonal skills: friendly, approachable, inquisitive; able to interact confidently with people across all levels of the business
- 2:1 Achieved however, a Finance degree is non-essential or have completed level 3 and4 apprenticeships in Finance or Accountancy
- Grade B / 6 or above in GCSE maths and English or equivalent
Things to consider
- Once the 3-year program is complete we hope the successful candidate will be promoted to a more senior member of the finance team within Azzurri
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates