Sixfold Bioscience is an award-winning start-up looking to radically change how we treat disease. As a Technician Scientist specialising in the clinical development of gene therapies you will form a crucial part of our R&D team.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join us as we enter a promising phase of pre-clinical development. You'll be exposed to how to undertake research in a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary and dynamic team environment. You'll learn advanced technical skills that are in high demand in the rapidly growing field of Cell and Gene therapy.
You'll be responsible for supporting our passionate R&D team. You'll help in preparing, maintaining and carrying out cutting-edge experiments, as well as ensure the laboratory is running efficiently. Should you excel, we'll provide you with the scope to pursue your own research interests to help validate and/or improve our core technology. Importantly, you'll be given a platform to share your ideas and suggestions as an equal member of the team.
- Perform laboratory investigations using the appropriate scientific techniques, procedures and methods relevant to the development of Cell and Gene Therapies
- Perform controlled cleaning of laboratories and specialised equipment
- Design experiments, report results and the accurate recording of technical data in accordance with good practice and approved Standard Operating Procedures
- Operate and maintain highly technical equipment, including but not limited to gel electrophoresis, GlenPak, Nanodrop, analytical PAGE, HPLC, oligo synthesiser, laminar air flow cabinets and centrifuges
- Communicate with a wide range of scientific and non-scientific stakeholders externally and within Sixfold
- Help in the ordering of scientific materials
- Assist in sample preparation
- Maintain cell cultures
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
No previous work experience is required for this role but a strong motivation to work in the industry of Advanced Therapies must be shown. Additionally, you should demonstrate:
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Have a passion for science and learning
- Good humour and plenty of energy
- Able to work under pressure to meet Sixfolds deadlines
For entry to the Technician Scientist (Level 5) apprenticeship you must have a total of 80 UCAS points including preferably a B in A-Level Biology or equivalent. Alternative experience and qualifications will be considered.Future prospects
Things to consider
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions
It's important to mention that although disease affects us all, our industry still displays a huge lack of diversity — this needs to change. Our founding team is composed of many different nationalities, cultures and is 2/3rds female founders. Our goal is to create a company culture that promotes ideas and the inclusion of team members from all backgrounds.
That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are — your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your secret aversion to cucumber water.
We actively encourage members of disadvantaged, minority and underrepresented groups to apply.
- Share Scheme
- Pension and Paid holidays
- Flexible hours
- Highly collaborative and inclusive team environment
- The chance to see your ideas make an impact
- Bi-/Weekly team social events