Successful applicants will develop a high level of knowledge, skills and the behaviours needed to become competent and established Brewer in a multi-award-winning production team.
Our main aim is to produce high-quality beer in cask, keg,bottle and can whilst upholding our company mission statement "ServingCustomers with Excellence".
As a Brewer Apprentice, you will undertake a 24 month,Level 4 qualification, where you will work with other brewers to learn andpractice the new skills which are required to become established and qualifiedbrewer.
During your apprenticeship, you will develop your knowledge, behavioursand skills through a mixture of academically based training sessions (atNottingham Brewing School) and practical experience, as part of ourwell-established brewing and packaging teams.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will receive thetraining and development you need to enable you to take a key role in allaspects of the brewing and packaging process, including product development,sourcing of raw materials, meeting customers, and beer dispense.
- Fulfil all training and personal development obligations tomeet the requirements of the apprenticeship standard
- Become competent in every step of the brewing process,including the intake of raw materials; all elements of preparation, control,processing, and filtering; the recording of the brewing process and the safetransfer of beer according to standard operating procedure
- Understand and be able to package beer into cask and keg,and bottle
- Be competent with regards to CIP cleaning of all brewingplant and equipment
- Maintain the brewing and production area in a clean, tidyorganized and hygienic manner
- Complete all required quality checks and maintainaccurate written brewing records
- Engage in public-facing activities such as product launchesor beer tasting sessions
- Carry out any other duties as required
working shifts will be - 6 am - 2.15 pm and 1.45 pm - 10 pm)
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Have good IT skills have the ability to meticulously follow processes and
- procedures demonstrate an aptitude for technical and mechanical skills
- The apprenticeship course requires good knowledge of math's, English and Scientific principles so you must have passed in these subjects at GCSE and ideally science A levels
- Previous brewing knowledge is not necessary but may be advantageous
- Be a clear and confident communicator, with the ability to engage with a diverse range of people internally and externally
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Display a passion for production and possess a high degree of creativity
- Be self-driven, hard-working,reliable and possess a determination to deliver excellence
- Enjoy variety and multi-tasking, be passionate about learning a new craft
- Be organised, resilient, positive, self-aware and calm under pressure
Level 2Functional Skills or C4 or above in GCSE maths and English and at least 1 A-level in Science.Future prospects
Becoming a full-time permanent member of the brewing team at Bath Ales (as evidenced by previous two apprentices).