What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Product packing, testing and Quality Control laboratory and cleanroom based activities.
- Warehouse packaging for shipping and distribution of our product.
- Support and participate in laboratory based studies to continually improve and test our product.
- Perform and record the Quality Control testing.
- Adhere to and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprenticeship is underpinned by an Applied Bioscience FdSc qualification. On completion of the end-point assessment, apprentices will hold a foundation degree.
- This apprenticeship will last for 39 months, including the end-point assessment. This course is delivered remotely, with face-to-face teaching taking place during yearly summer schools held at the University of Kent.
- 1 full or 2 half days each week will be given to complete off-the-job training. The rest of the week will be within the workplace.
Their are multiple career paths within Protak Scientific as we continue to grow and support our customer globally which include:
- Quality and compliance roles
- Product specialist/ validation roles
- Microbiologist roles
- Production/operation roles.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience, Self motivated, Inquisitive Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C (4)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C (4)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Biology (Grade C) Essential
Other Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship (Grade Pass) Essential