The primary responsibilities of the engineering team are:
- New Product Introduction (Developing manufacturing methods to repair components in accordance with approved repair designs and implementation of new technology to increase effectiveness and efficiency of repairs)
- Laboratory Work - (Cutting, preparing and inspecting samples of components for conformity)
- Production Support - (Investigating and taking action on arising issues to support the shop floor team)
As an apprentice, you will be given on the job training and experience in each of these areas to gain knowledge and evidence to be able to complete a Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing
This will be full time paid apprenticeship with a duration of 4 years.
The successful candidate will attend West Nottinghamshire College 1 day per week to study a HNC in Manufacturing Engineering as part of the apprenticeship.
We are looking for someone who has a passion about engineering and who has a willingness to learn more. This role will require you to have a great attitude and high levels of motivation. You will have good problem-solving skills and will be able to work well both as an individual and as part of a team.
In addition to these, the successful candidate will be required to understand and work to TRT guidelines and observe all TRT policies, including for health and safety.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Time management
- Logical thinking
- Organisational Skills
- Attention to detail
- Genuine interest in the sector
- Self-motivated and reliable
- GCSE grade in maths and English A*-C or equivalent (new system 9-4)
- Level 3 Engineering qualification desirable
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, the company are keen to further develop as appropriate to the individual and the role.