All of our manufacturing Technicians and Operators are expected to have a strong team ethic and a great respect for attention to detail.
You'll spend up to 4 years working around different products and processes, and you'll gain knowledge and skills in our cutting-edge technology and then use these to pursue a permanent role within the manufacturing team.
You'll not only achieve a recognised qualification at Technician level but also get a chance to work alongside experienced Engineers. After you've achieved your qualification you could still progress to becoming an Engineer or a Technical Specialist.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and improve planned maintenance schedules
- Prioritise work within the engineering department and deploy resources accordingly
- Maintain and reduce engineering downtime, respond rapidly to machine failures and breakdowns
- Handle engineering support requests for the production area and for the plant's infrastructure on a daily basis
- Carry out refurbishments of equipment as required, obtaining parts/information as required
- Use and regularly update the departmental reporting systems including reporting on faults as well as preventative maintenance works
- Reporting the progress of the work and encountered problems to the Engineering Manager and, in his absence, the Shift Manager / team leader
- Keep the engineering workshop clean and tidy as well as recording on an audit log
- Report accidents, hazards and 'near misses' as well as faulty equipment to the management team
- Ensure a swift response and rectification of safety related issues
- Take reasonable care for others and own health and safety
- Cooperate with management on health and safety matters
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
All of our manufacturing Technicians and Operators are expected to have a strong team ethic and a great respect for attention to detail. Must have the following skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Good dexterity
- Confidence in building using hand tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Must have the following attributes:
- Patience to learn complex tasks
- Ability to learn on the job and adapt
- Confidence to manage own time efficiently
- Tidy - Good Housekeeping
- GCSEs at grade A*/9 - C/4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 2 or 3 Engineering qualification, ideally with focus in the areas mentioned above
- Minimum of 48 UCAS points
Full-time employment within our Manufacturing team, progressing to a Lead Technician role on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.