Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is a profit-for-purpose housing association with a mission to make society fairer for everyone.
Our vision is that everyone deserves a quality home that provides them with the opportunity to live a better life. Our purpose is to provide homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do. That's why, as well as building and managing quality homes; we look after the families that live in them and their community.
Is this a mission you'd love to have a helping hand in? We are looking for an apprentice who is enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop their skills in helping people to address and overcome obstacles to secure suitable and sustainable employment.
What does CleanStart do?
CleanStart is all about giving people the support and opportunities they need to make a fresh start.
The 5 Step employment programme was designed to address a recognised need within the Trafford borough for meaningful employment opportunities for a specifically targeted cohort who for various reasons have encountered difficulty entering the labour market.
CleanStart ringfence employment opportunities for Ex-offenders, Ex-Military, Care-leavers, and other marginalised groups offering a fixed term contract, rolling employment initiative, helping them to become economically active by providing them with training and support. In turn, this results in a reduction in re-offending rates and unemployment both of which have a positive impact on the local community.
The duration of the role is a 30-month fixed term contract, to cover the length of the apprenticeship programme.
The Apprentice Employability Advisor will specialise in working with a specific group of programme candidates and will assist them in devising strategies to address and overcome the multiple and complex barriers to employment. Improving their employability prospects, with the end goal being to find permanent employment.
On this apprenticeship you will undertake an Employability Practitioner, level 4 programme to support your development and chosen career path.
The main duties of the role include:
* Manage a caseload of candidates with complex needs supporting with domestic arrangements, social skill development and ongoing employability needs.
* Foster and maintain successful relationships with key stakeholders and support partners.
* Report to and support the Enterprise Coach to continually improve and deliver a comprehensive high-quality Employment Programme.
Whilst undertaking your learning programme your manager will help guide your development and day-to-day work, a mentor will provide extra support throughout your role and you'll be working alongside experienced colleagues to learn hands on, work-based skills.
Please note the core hours for this role are 8am-4pm, with some flexibility.
We look for the following in all our apprentices:
* Good standard of education, ideally GCSE's in English & Maths, Grade C / Grade 4 or above.
* Enthusiasm for the role & THT.
* Good communication skills, both orally and written.
* Ability to work independently, as well as being a good team player.
* Good organisational skills.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Willingness to learn and grow
In addition, the following skills/experience are desirable for the role:
* Confidence to make independent decisions and recognise circumstances where risks or decisions need to be escalated.
* Resilience to deal with challenging behaviour and offer constructive honest feedback.
* An understanding of the requirement to balance empathetic, person centred support with the right level of challenge. We welcome candidates with personal experience of any nature.
We're actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance with family friendly policies, and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
* Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
* Access to Westfield Health Plan
* Annual leave allowance of 31 days per annum
Interested? If so, please complete your application. The closing date is the 4th August 2021. Good luck!
Please note we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward if we receive sufficient applications