We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Environmental Health Practitioner
The successful candidate will be expected to attend Western College one day a week and for the rest of the time will join a small busy team of Environmental Health professionals involved in Food Safety and Health and Safety. There will also be an opportunity to spend time working with Environmental Protection and Private Sector Housing
As part of the Public Protection service you will also be working closely with Trading Standards , Environmental Protection and Licensing colleagues, gaining a valuable insight into a wide range of regulatory roles.
Daily duties may include:
- To gain a broader understanding of the public health system; in terms of health protection, health improvement and healthcare public health
- Participation in projects involving key areas of Environmental Health work for departments in Public Protection.
- Assist with low risk visits, revisits, telephone questionnaires and with developing experience undertake these independently.
- Preparation of written reports and letters that may follow inspections or food related visits.
- Participation with administration procedures, including dealing with customers and telephone enquiries and use of the organisations computer systems.
- To ensure compliance with Bath and North East Somerset Council and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Liaising with Environmental Health Staff within Regulatory Services and the University or College, to ensure that the training programme progresses effectively
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Reliability, punctuality and strong organizational skills
- Report Writing Skills
- History of successful project work
- Knowledge and experience of aseptic sampling techniques or aseptic procedures
- A qualified car diver with a current full car driving licence for use in the UK is desirable
- Highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability work on own as well as part of a team
2 'A' Levels A minimum of CC, or a BTEC Extended Diploma at MPP, or an Access to Higher Education Diploma with 15 Level 3 credits at Merit, or equivalent, preferably in a related area
5 GCSEs including English and Maths Level 2 English and Maths at C/4 or aboveFuture prospects
Wide number of career opportunities as a qualified, Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner, in both Local Authority or Private Sector.Things to consider
Interviews for the post will be held on 18th August, in order for the successful candidate to be enrolled in the 2021/2022 academic year.
For an informal discussion about the job role please, contact Suzanne McCutcheon Team Manager Safety and Standards on 01225396044