The role will be working within Pentest Peoples consultancy team based in the Round Foundry near central Leeds. The Junior Security Consultant role involves using Pentest Peoples automated (cloud based) vulnerability scanners. These tools are used to perform external vulnerability assessments on client's infrastructures.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Planning and managing the delivery of external security tests and associated information
- Undertaking additional security assessments such as external penetration testing and other projects as required
- Communicating directly with key project stakeholders; including clients, both orally and in writing
- Producing accurate and thorough reports and managing secure delivery to the client
- Reviewing reports written by other team members, ensuring that discrepancies are detected and resolved
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good all round technical knowledge and a detailed understanding of networking protocols
- Good all round technical knowledge of information security concepts
- A passion for ethical hacking and IT security
Pentest People are looking for someone with a strong technical background who is able to demonstrate a passion for network security related subjects, including but not limited to; infrastructure penetration testing, Web application security testing and vulnerability research. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and be able to build professional rapports.
This role is perfect for someone with passion and drive to learn with a 'can-do' attitude. Someone who is not afraid of hard work and strives to impress!Desired qualifications
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).Future prospects
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates