We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer. Working in React, TypeScript and Node.js, we're looking for someone who can work across the entire stack and get stuck into building features from day one.
You are a problem-solver; you're looking for a fast-moving startup where you can have an outsized impact on the overall direction of the company, where your skills will be tested and your voice heard.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Taking a leading role in ideating on features and designs
- Take a key role in developing our dev culture, processes, and automations
- Building key features in TypeScript, React, and Node
- Writing efficent, robust, well-tested and documented code
- Helping to structure our data models
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Broad understanding of testing JS applications (unit + integration tests)
- You'll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation, and facilitation skills. You'll be working in a close-knit team of people who are passionate about their roles across design, product and technology. You need to be able to understand the needs of your other teammates, whilst being able to explain your own point of view
- You'll be a big believer in SCRUM. As our team grows, keeping our priorities in check and our non-technical team in line with our decisions will become ever more crucial, and so you'll be a champion of SCRUM practices and using them to deliver better quality products
- You'll be interested in what makes great teams tick and be part of making a great culture. As one of our founding engineers, you'll be a key part in building a team that other engineers want to work with
- You'll be interested in our tech stack. We try to keep things interesting. We've built a Slack bot using Slack @Bolt, and have plans to build other bots across multiple different platforms in the next few years. We use firebase as our database and play around with Next and are not afraid of giving new technologies a spin
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position