About This Opportunity:
Are you theApprentice Web Developer we're looking for to help us make a difference in hundreds of thousands of people's lives?
The successful candidate will design and develop new platform features, implement quality of life improvements for colleagues, clients, partners, and users, help scale our service across multiple regions and languages, and more.
The ideal candidate would be a gamer and existing Hitmarker user who writes clean, functional code, thrives when working in small teams or working autonomously, and who is organised and manages time effectively.
This position is open to anyone based anywhere in the world and no formal qualifications are required to apply. Dedication, honesty, and reliability are all imperative, though.
The Web Developer will work in a team of three with our Founder and Technical Lead.
What We Use:
An Equal Opportunity:
If you feel like you'd excel in this position, please don't talk yourself out of applying. We don't care what your age, gender, nationality, skin colour, disability, sexual orientation, or religion is. Join us and help us build a better, more diverse Hitmarker and a better, more diverse video game industry.
What you'll do:
You'll become a crucial part of our existing web development team and make life better for hundreds of thousands of people around the world by:
- Designing and developing new platform features to give Hitmarker equivalency with the likes of Indeed and LinkedIn for candidates and hiring companies alike.
- Implementing and iterating quality of life improvements both internally for colleagues and externally for our many clients, partners, and users.
- Helping us to scale our service across multiple languages and regions and dealing with the huge increase in data and usage that will bring.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
What we are looking for:
We're not prioritising professional experience or qualifications, but we are looking for a very specific type of human to fill this role.
You should be:
- A gamer. You don't need to play a specific title on a particular device. You don't need to be any good. You just need to love gaming and care about this industry.
- A Hitmarker user. If you're already familiar with who we are and what we do it'll make your life so much easier from your very first day working with us.
- Detail-oriented. You take extreme care to write clean, functional code that your colleagues can easily understand and build upon, if necessary.
- A team player. You love working as part of a small group, collaborating on solutions to problems, and coming up with the best/quickest ways of doing things.
- You're equally comfortable diving into a bigger solo task when required to do so, and even enjoy the temporary solitude it brings.
- You're capable of managing your daily and weekly workload effectively and comfortable prioritising your task list based on the needs of others.
- You identify as a developer and strive to improve every day. You love building useful things and getting instant feedback on how to further enhance them.
- For 35 hours a week, you come to work to do work. We don't expect you to live and breathe Hitmarker, we just want you to care when you're here.
- If you've got a problem, you're not afraid to air it. If you can't do something, you're upfront about it. If you need help with something, you ask for it.
- You show up on time and ready to go. If you say you're going to do a job, it gets done. If you've got a deadline, you do whatever you can to meet it.
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our
- Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out morehere.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
What you'll get / Benefits:
- 28 days of paid holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays, plus your birthday off (or a bonus day off if your birthday falls on an existing holiday)!
- Entry into our NEST employee pension scheme.(UK-based employees only.)
- Entry into our staff equity scheme after one year of service.
- Annual salary reviews with increases based on performance.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.