Graduate Hardware Engineer
GBP25 - GBP27K
Bluefin are working with a client in Loughborough who are an award-winning, world-leading developer of embedded signal processing and RF modules, and LTE PHY/stack software, for 4G and 5G mobile network and related applications. They are currently looking for a graduate Hardware engineer to join the team.
* Hardware team member; working as part of a team to design hardware for company projects.
* Contribute to alternatives and feasibility studies.
* Formulate test plans and perform hardware verification testing.
* Provide hardware assistance to the software team during their development process.
* Follow company core processes.
* Any other duties commensurate with the role, as may reasonably be requested by the line manager.
The ideal candidate will possess a good first degree (1st / 2.1) and will have some previous work experience in the engineering sector. A sound knowledge of digital and analogue principles is required for the role.
Key experience and knowledge required for the role:
* An interest in Telecommunications
* An interest in RF
* Understanding of certain laws: Shannon's, Nyquist's, etc
* Knowledge of RLC circuit characteristics
* Knowledge of Tx line theory
* Understanding of test tools - oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analysers
* Awareness of interfaces, such as LAN, RS422, RS232, CAN etc
Key Skills and Abilities:
* Good communication skills
* Use of standard packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
* Problem solving ability
* Self-reliant to research around subject as required
* Be able to work in a team
* Exposure to schematic capture and circuit board design
* Knowledge of testing methodology - functional, electromagnetic, environmental etc
* Soldering experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a world leading company. If you are interested in applying for the role please send a copy of your CV to Rob Atkins at Bluefin Recruitment for immediate consideration