MBP is the UK's leading independent stockist of doors from all major suppliers, and a market leading manufacturer of standard and bespoke fire doors, doorsets and glazed screens.
Rapid Fit, part of MBP Group, are seeking a Graduate with a qualification related to the Construction industry to gain a full working understanding of the business including all aspects of planning, production and estimating. Have a proactive approach to the role, with a view to execute and finalise projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, including the full scheduling of all customer requirements, and follow through with the processing of each contracts manufacturing documentation. Full and ongoing training will be provided throughout.
Due to expansion of the business we are seeking a committed Graduate Contracts Manager to join the company, development and training is key for this role, and your growth within the company will be continually supported by your manager.
This is a full time position for 40 hours a week Monday - Friday, but flexibility is required to meet customer demand.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
* Have an enthusiastic approach to learning all aspects of the business
* Gain a full understanding of technical terminologies and fire ratings
* With supervision, direct and manage projects from beginning to end
* Define and record project requirements
* Liaise with customer to ascertain full manufacturing requirements
* Raise all manufacturing process documentation
* Liaise with suppliers to gain optimum supplier agreements
* Continued estimation through full contract cycle to completion
* Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
* Pro-actively manage changes in project scope
* Liaise with production and planning to ensure product is manufactured to specification and on time
* Comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities
???.and any other duties required to support the achievement of the Company's objectives
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous
* An understanding of manufacturing and estimation process is desirable
* Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft packages
* Strong eye for detail
* Educated to degree level or higher in a construction related qualification is essential
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
* Detailed and methodical
* Good communication skills
* The ability to work within a team and individually
* Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
* Confident decision maker
ADDITIONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Confident and reassuring with clients
* Exceptional organisation skills
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday
* Onsite parking
Please click APPLY, to submit your CV for this role. For further information, please contact ALEXANDRA at Midland Building Products.
We reserve the right to close this posting early should a suitable individual be found.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships