Role Levy Apprenticeship Development Co-ordinator
Connect2Luton are excited to recruit a Levy Apprenticeship Development Co-ordinator on behalf of Luton Borough Council within their Place & Infrastructure department!
As Levy Apprenticeship Development Co-ordinator you will be responsible to assist the Service Manager in leading, managing, delivering and developing the Economic Growth & Skills Service in a manner consistent with the Council's aims and policies and the professional standards falling within the scope of the Economic Growth and Skills Service.
About the Role :
- Deliver a programme of work to achieve the objectives of the Luton Apprenticeship Strategy by ensuring delivery is focused upon the skill requirements of business and the development needs of residents. Lead on developing and maintaining a preferred list of apprenticeship providers
- Work with HR Services to manage the Council's apprenticeship scheme in a manner that addresses skills development and skills gaps within the organisation and maximises the use of available financial resources by managing the Apprenticeship Service account, negotiating training funds and processing levy payments. Take action to resolve issues that affect the apprentice's training or levy funding
- Champion the value of apprenticeships as an approach to learning and skills development amongst residents, employers and other stakeholders
- Ensure that apprenticeships are operated within appropriate LGA, funding and quality standards and evaluate best practice examples to assist in continuous service improvement
- Liaise with and assist employers and training providers to deliver robust and meaningful apprenticeships that meet both the aspirations of employers and employees (both current and future) updating all stakeholders on availability of opportunities and advertising vacancies via the Apprenticeship Service
- Work with and assist all businesses to access funding available via the apprenticeship levy to provide skills development opportunities and in marketing the service to maximise trading opportunities
- Provide input to the wider agenda to develop skills within Luton including the Luton Investment Framework
- Demonstrable experience in supporting the development and implementation of skills strategy
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring courses comply with nationally defined standards
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with business and other stakeholders to implement skill and learning activities
- Able to use PC based applications Word, Excel, Access (or equivalents)
- In-depth literacy skills - able to write clear, concise reports
- In-depth communication skills with people at all levels, including senior managers in external organisations
- Able to prepare and corporate and strategic deliver reports
- Able to translate business requirements into meaningful training/apprenticeship programmes
- Able to achieve and promote a high level of customer care and satisfaction
Desirable skills :
- Able to provide information, advice and guidance around the skills agenda and available opportunities Experience of using Midland HR's iTrent system.
- Sound knowledge of skills development opportunities
About Us :
Luton Borough Council have partnered with Kent County Council to create Connect2Luton, a recruitment managed service for all contingent temporary agency, contract and interim roles at the Council.
Our heritage and being local government owned means we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the public sector, with many of our employees having previously worked for the Council or have supplied previously into the Council, for several years.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and business that positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.