What will the apprentice be doing?
· Write, test, debug programs in high- and low-level languages and scripts.
· Configure an Operating System in accordance with security policy. Identify threats and features.
· Apply system engineering and software development methodologies and models
· Apply secure programming principles and design patterns to address security issues.
· Discover, identify and analyse threats, attack techniques, vulnerabilities and mitigations.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
· Level 4 Cyber Security Engineer - 15-month programme
· An opportunity to progress onto level 6 Cyber Security Technical Professional
· The apprenticeship training provider will be QA
· Blended learning with a combination of project work, self-research, lab work, live events and peer-to-peer learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the program the apprentices have the opportunity to move onto the Level 6 Cyber security qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Attention to detail, Analytical skills
A Level or equivalent STEM (Grade 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
You must be 18 years old before September 2021 The positions are subject to satisfactory background checks and/or National Security Vetting Knowledge of software development and cyber security Strong Analytical skills Logical thinking and a methodical approach to problem solving The ability to adapt to a range of work