As a member of our application support team, you will find there are two sides to the role. Primarily, we are software developers with a mission of eliminating support requests. Though open-ended, common solutions will be building self-help into the systems or improving the user interface to prevent user misunderstandings.
The secondary role is to provide third line support of our software to the internal teams.
We are looking for enthusiastic web developers who are keen to learn and add to their existing web development skills. They will learn how web development in a team environment works, from start to finish.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn the fundamental skills necessary to start a career in web development. Training is provided by highly skilled professional web developers who will equip you with the knowledge and experience to fast track your way to becoming a web developer. Everything you learn during the training sessions will be absolutely current and applicable to your work.
In the workplace you will be designated a Mentor - an experienced web developer who will be responsible for your learning at work. Group training will also be provided with other web development apprentices.
Your duties will include: -
- Identifying and building solutions to eliminate repeat requests
- Improving existing systems and automating processes
- Working within agile frameworks to deliver software
- Responding to and prioritising requests raised through Zendesk
- Advising and assisting our customer support team with escalated customer requests
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Collaborating with third parties working with our platform
- Promoting and maintaining support documentation / knowledge base
We are looking for Apprentice Web Developers; people that enjoy programming, coding and building websites. You must be passionate about web development; self-motivated; determined to learn and develop new skills; and driven to succeed.
- 22 days annual leave (plus 3 days festive leave in December) + 8 paid bank holiday days - these would be pro rated for length of contract
- 5% Matching Pension Scheme
- Medicash health cashback scheme where you can claim back costs of dental, prescriptions, massage etc
- Vitality Medical Insurance (after 1 year's service)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes free counselling sessions
- Discounts on our amazing Secret Escapes deals
- Inhouse manicures, meditation and massages (when back in office)
- Bonuses for successful candidate referrals to our Talent team
- Free food and drinks when back in office
- Work laptop
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
We are looking for someone who shows an interest in web development and an enthusiasm for learning new things. Someone who uses a range of learning resources to develop new skills, such as online, books or trial and error. You will definitely need to enjoy learning and exploring, as there's always something new to master in this industry and everything changes pretty fast. Web development is not just about code, you will need to be able to communicate well with your team and maybe clients too. You'll also need to be reliable and have a can-do approach to your workload. Asking questions is often key to developing new skills quickly but you will also be required to research and learn things by yourself.
What we are looking for:
- People focused and get a kick out of delivering solutions
- A passion for complex problem solving and technical challenges
- An aptitude to learn and assimilate new technologies quickly
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting application code
- Process automation and scripting skills
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills
- You will need to be punctual, reliable, honest and have a strong work ethic
- You must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings, but also be able to work on your own to targets and deadlines
- Ideally 5 9-4/A*-C GCSEs (or equivalents) including maths and English
Things to consider
- If you do well in this apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent position
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates