What you will be doing?
As an Assistant Practitioner you will have direct contact with patients, service users or clients providing high quality and compassionate care. You will ensure a safe and caring environment for our users by working with a professional team and management.
Duties and Skills:
- Manage own work and implement programmes of care in line with current evidence.
- Communicate complex information through different methods to a wide variety of professionals.
- Promote and understand the impact of effective Health.
- Conduct assessments of individuals.
- Allocate work to support the development of others.
Healthcare assistant practitioners must:
- Treat individuals with dignity and respecting individual's beliefs, culture, values and preferences
- Respect and adopt an empathetic approach to situations.
- Demonstrate courage to challenge areas of concern and work to best practice.
- Demonstrate discretion.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Personal qualities Desired qualifications
- Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- IT Skills
- Organisation Skills
- 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above(or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- NVQLevel 3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care (Desired).
For those Assistant Practitioners who wish to progress into Registered Practice, the apprenticeship can provide credits into some Higher Education programmes aligned to professional registration.