Here at JD Sports Fashion Plcwe are currently looking for the brightest talent to join our Merchandising Team situated at our Head Office in Bury, Greater Manchester. This exciting apprenticeshipwill giveyou the opportunity of taking the next step in yourcareer within the world of retailbuying & merchandising.
Why JD Sports Fashion Plc?
You'll be working alongsideour talented Merchandising Team who will give you support every step of the way through your apprenticeship. As your experience grows, you will receive plenty of opportunities to develop your career. We also offer a rewards package that stand out, including extensive staff discounts on JD Group products and services and a employer contribution pension scheme.
To create and maintain data and purchase orders and act as a support function to the Merchandising Team to achieve optimum efficiency and help maximise profitability
- Create and maintain purchase orders on the JD system within a specific product area
- Check and ensure all purchase orders are received and processed by supplier.
- Chase and review set up of new suppliers
- Pre-allocate all new products approx. 6 months in advance via scheduling system
- Review pre-allocations through scheduling reports before distributing to merchandisers
- Amend pre-allocations as directed by Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser
- Produce price amendments as directed by Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser and communicate to Retail
- Communicate merchandising aids to retail as directed by Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser
- Review all costs, retail and VAT within a specific product file prior to receipt highlighting to Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser and amending as directed
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
We're not looking for any specific experience or knowledge- we will provide you withfull training.
You'll need to show usgood communication and listening skills along with yourability to work well in a teamand achievegoals.Personal qualities
It's yourpassion for retail merchandising,motivation and valuesthat matter.Desired qualifications
You must haveminimum GCSE grades of 4/C or above (or equivalent) in both Mathematics and EnglishFuture prospects
As you develop your buying and merchandising skills, knowledge and behaviours you will naturally progress your career into a Merchandising Assistant role.
On completion of the apprenticeship there maybe the opportunity to continue your learning through a Higher (Degree) Apprenticeship.