Here at JD Sports Fashion Plcwe are currently looking for the brightest talent to join our Own Brand Team situated at our Head Office in Bury, Greater Manchester. This exciting apprenticeshipwill giveyou the opportunity of taking the next step in yourcareer within the world of retailbuying & merchandising.
Why JD Sports Fashion Plc?
You'll be working alongsideour talented Own Brand Team who will give you support every step of the way through your apprenticeship. As your experience grows, you will receive plenty of opportunities to develop your career. We also offer a rewards package that stand out, including: extensive staff discounts on JD Group products and services and a employer contribution pension scheme.
The purpose of this job is to provide general Product Development assistance and administration support for the Own Brand teams.The successful candidate will have retail experience and a passion for our product.
- Manage day to day incoming/outgoing sampling where required in a timely manner ensuring correct documentation attached.
- Assist with weekly trade admin; Compile Best and Worst documents, pull relevant samples with completed product tags and ensure samples are cleared away after the meeting.
- Maintaining style details/info on PLM system.
- Assist in the creation of tech packs and costings on the PLM system.
- Shadow and support fit sessions and add comments to PLM system
- Assisting with sample measuring and comments as directed.
- Supporting and maintaining critical path on PLM system, chasing relevant info from suppliers and reporting issues.
- Monitor the progress of test reports, chase suppliers and report issues.
- Monitor the progress of care-label submissions and approvals.
- Assist with the approval of Lab dips and submissions.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of size charts.
- Support with barcode requests and approvals.
- Chase suppliers for press samples and pass to marketing.
- Take minutes in meetings and ensure they are written up, distributed and followed up in a timely manner.
- Complete all admin prep as directed for any monthly/seasonal meetings.
- Manage samples for staff sales.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software is essential.
- JD retail experience is highly desirable.
- Basic Illustrator knowledge an advantage.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn on the job and throughout their apprenticeship.
You must haveminimum GCSE grades of 4/C or above (or equivalent) in both mathematics and English.Future prospects
At 6 months your salary will be reviewed in line with your development.
As you develop your buying and merchandising skills, knowledge and behaviours you will naturally progress your career into a Product Development role.
On completion of the apprenticeship there maybe the opportunity to continue your learning through a Higher (Degree) Apprenticeship.