You will work within the engineering cloud and virtualisation teams maintaining and enhancing our existing solutions, architecting and developing new customer solutions, and providing technical support to our users. Your role will allow you to develop and practice the skills around DevOps method of delivery in a real environment within agile teams. You will undertake tasks around the Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline alongside writing and maintaining scripts for automation tasks within the Software Defined Data Centre and writing Infrastructure As Code (IAC).
In return, we will provide an encouraging work environment with the flexibility to participate in scheduled work release training with QA. You will receive continual coaching, help and guidance and be exposed to the technologies which underpin the cloud and virtualisation services, providing a rounded experience and appreciation of the full technology stack.
Full Time / Permanent position
Location - Salisbury / SP4 0JQ
- Participation in the specification and implementation of the new service
- Learn and work with scripting and coding languages such as Python, JSON, .Net, Puppet
- Understanding Agile and Scrum methodologies while working within agile teams
- Be part of daily stand-ups providing status updates on progress and blockers
- Use of DevOps processes and tools; repos, version control, testing and deployment. Including open source tools; Git, Jenkins, Selenium and vendor specific such as Microsoft Azure and VMWare
- Exposure to SIEM tools such as Splunk
- Understanding and detailing the existing infrastructure and CI/CD processes including the integration of security and quality tooling
- Writing and maintaining scripts in a virtualisation environment and a Software Defined network
- Contributing to the DevOps continuum; plan, code, build, test, release, deploy, operate and monitor
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
It would be great if you had:
- Strong practical knowledge of network fundamentals, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls etc.
- Solid understanding of AWS or similar modern cloud infrastructure providers
- Knowledge and experience of coordinating and deploying development CI/CD tools
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the nature of the role, you will have to complete United Kingdom Security Clearance check.Desired qualifications
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only), or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or,
- A minimum of 12 months of work experience within an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out morehere.
Will be discussed upon interview.Things to consider
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
- Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements.
- So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.