Area of Work:
- Your role will involveprioritising types of fault by liaising directly with the client to obtain full details of theissue. You should work alongside the more senior technicians in ensuring thatNetserve customers are given priority and dealt with urgency
- This is to ensure that we maintain our service level agreement time period
- To understand the importance of good customer service and lead by example.
- An understanding of how downtime can affect the various departments within a business
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain information and provide solutions for a good range of technical problems
- Ability to apply health and safety procedures within the workplace, including manual handling, fire awareness and hazard awareness
- Familiarity with basic network troubleshooting, including setting up WIFI hotspots, diagnosing speed and broadband issues, replacing routers, creating network cables
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience of helpdesk level server support
- Experience of basic helpdesk level Exchange support
- Experience of helpdesk level backup solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and other server applications such as cloud mailbox and data storage
- An understanding the role of equality and diversity in a business
- Knowledge of local and cloud backup types, methods and best practice.
- Knowledge of working in a technical support role, including working on website and hosting, DNS related jobs, advanced back-up solutions and full installation of servers.
- Ability to analyse the information you are provided and offer a best practice solution
- Ability to ask diagnostic questions
- Ability to use good communication skills to update others
- Ability to converse professionally and calmly with customers and ensure we maintain good working relationships.
- Good time management skills.
- Administrative ability (updating ticketing system, creating invoices, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to use systems to offer customers a consistent service and so do what you say
Must possess the ability to work well within the Southern IT Solutions Group environment and align your behaviours with our core values [HOLR] Honesty, Ownership, Learning and Respect.
- Willingness to get involved and show a commitment to the company's business strategy.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent team player and willingness to help others
- Excellent listener
- Friendly and approachable
- Professional and calm
- Helpful and considerate - ability to foresee problems before they arise.
- Desire to learn - we expect the candidate to volunteer to assist the team manager in more advanced IT projects, such as server installs, malware removal, data backup installs etc.
- A full UK driving license is essential
- An A Level in ICT , or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits) , or
A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.Future prospects
Long term development within the company and fantastic career growth.Things to consider
- QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years