- Assist residents with their personal care needs (i.e. dressing, undressing, bathing and toilet).
- Help residents with mobility problems to mobilise - this can range from walking next to a resident for support through to using lifting equipment such as a hoist.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity through spending time chatting to residents, taking them out in the garden, helping with activities.
- Help make beds, tidy rooms, do light cleaning.
- Assistant at meal times.
- Answer emergency calls and respond to residents' urgent needs.
- Greet visitors and answer the phone.
- Follow resident care plans and update daily notes.
- Monitor and observe the health and general wellbeing of residents. Report any changes to the Senior Carers / Registered Manager.
- Work as a team, supporting colleagues and be happy and smiley 😊
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Previous experience is care is desired but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attitude to learning
- Work well in team environments
- Maths and English GCSE (grade 4 or above)
Our intention is that the apprenticeship will lead to a permanent position as a Care Assistant within the Home. There are also opportunities for career enhancement such as being trained in administering medication and progression the role of Senior Carer and beyond.Things to consider
We are a family owned and run business, with 3 care homes in the group. Our motto is that the home has to work for everyone and we strive to ensure it is a happy place to work and that staff feel valued.