Reporting into the Organisation Design Lead, the OD Assistant is responsible for coordinating key OD activity across the Group. You will be undertaking the Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner Apprenticeship whilst undertaking this role which takes around 21 months to complete.
This will include but not be limited to:
- Co-ordinating meetings, updating schedules, role profiles, communications and slide packs.
- Liaising between People Team Centres of Excellence and key stakeholders.
- Collating and organising key OD information and documentation.
- Supporting the Reward team with career frame role evaluations.
- Carrying out research projects and creating reports.
- Attending and minuting meetings.
- Extracts & produces basic analysis of data & information in format to suit business need (Excel, PowerPoint, etc). Examples here include D&I Assessment/Analysis on job titles spreadsheets/collating organisational heat maps to show skills gaps from organisation design submissions.
- Ensures that organisation charts are continuously updated ensuring that the most current structure is always filed and available.
- Monitoring the project plan in all phases of project implementation including co-ordination and management of the assigned activities to the team. Managing the OD activity calendar and back log.
- Regular weekly and monthly reporting on the status of the operational activities on projects
- Planning and monitoring of timelines relating to project risks/dependencies
- Maintaining account records accurately to reflect correct and up to date information
What we can offer you:
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
- Two fundraising days in a year to give back to the community (fully paid!)
- An opportunity to participate in the Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
- Competitive salary with performance related bonus
We also offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. Our social responsibility programme is fundamental to who we are. We're committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish. We have a range of groups to celebrate our people across sexuality, disability, age, gender and culture.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
What we'll need from you:
This is an apprentice role for which specific training and industry certification sponsorship will be provided and appropriate study time allocated. Therefore the business is seeking to identify a candidate with the correct potential who is self-motivated and eager to develop. Prior/related industry experience will be a benefit but is not essential.
- A strong academic background
- Basic data analysis
- Experience in researching and presenting findings/recommendations
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively (verbally and written)
- Active listener
- Organised and able to plan
- A willingness to study towards industry recognised qualifications as part of your role with dedicated study and exam leave
- Comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office packages is desirable
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to deal with high volumes of work, as well as show attention to detail when instructing high value transactions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in both a team and alone
We're proud of our values, and we're looking for people who share them:
- Passion for people/human resources and business
- To be pioneering with an imaginative outlook
- To be approachable and caring
- To be tenacious in the pursuit of our objectives
- To be efficient in the provision of our services
- To work with a foundation of integrity
If this sounds like you, we'd love to receive your application!Desired qualifications
- 3 x A Levels or equivalents at A - C (excluding General Studies)
- 5 GCSEs or equivalentsat level 7-4/A-C (including English and maths)
On successful completion of your apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent contract within Irwin Mitchell however this will be depend upon business need at the time. If you are offered a permanent role, we strive to encourage continual development.Things to consider
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates