Graduate/Junior PHP Developer (LAMP) - eCommerce Industry - Part Remote options - Romsey - Up to GBP28k DOE
Please note that my client cannot offer sponsorship for this role
Your new company
This tech focused company helps eCommerce distributors take orders more effectively, whether on-the-road, at trade shows, or online. Their innovative and user friendly applications allow sales teams, agents, and retailers to place and process orders, and share/distribute product data and assets wherever they are.
From 1984 to the present day, their product range has evolved with technology from their B2B trade websites, to their iPad ordering app. One thing however, has always remained the same; they will always assist in processing their customers orders with their awesome software solutions... that is what they do!
Your new role
They are on the hunt for multiple PHP developers, including a Graduate/Junior PHP Developer to join their incredible team based in Romsey. This role will encompass the design, development and maintenance of a suite of products, from the Front End UI and UX, to the Back End data storage and management. The team is responsible for the complete delivery of the product to ensure the performance, scalability, security, and cost objectives are met. They have modern tech in the business, so you won't be stuck working on Legacy stuff!
Some of your day to day work will include:
- Develop web applications built primarily using LAMP, with a focus on high availability, robustness and monitoring
- Deploy into and manage applications within our cloud-cased environment (AWS) and hosting partners
- Take ownership for the complete delivery of changes to ensure the quality, performance, scalability, security and cost objectives are met
- Support existing customers and deployments via help, advice and bug fixes
- Follow the company SDLC based on agile/lean processes with a focus on software craftmanship and continuous improvement
- Be a contributing member of the wider development department
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be degree educated in a computer science related subject
- You will have 0-2 years' experience in professional software development (placement year is fine)
- You have knowledge of relational database fundamentals, design and development
- You have knowledge of deploying and operating services in Linux/Cloud environments such as AWS or similar
- You have familiarity with engineering practices like agile, continuous delivery, test-driven development, and software craftmanship
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code and have a high interest in keeping up with current methodologies in your areas of expertise
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary based on your ability and experience
- Modern tech stack (not Legacy stuff)
- Truly family oriented company where there are no secrets and everyone loves a social get together
- Their domain is accessible - eCommerce is an industry that is booming and will continue to grow
- Learning opportunities on offer
- Given the freedom to take tasks on in your own way
- You will be AWS certified within 6 months of joining
- Career path in place to grow you as a Software Developer
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.