At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies that improve the lives of both humans and animals. Founded in 1885 and family-owned ever since, Boehringer Ingelheim takes a long-term perspective. Now, we are powered by 52,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. We believe that if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve.
WHY THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Boehringer Ingelheim has been recognised as a Top Employer in the UK. Being certified as a Top Employer confirms our dedication to a better world of work, delivered through excellent HR policies and people practices.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team, at our manufacturing site in Pirbright as a QA apprentice. The role of Quality Assurance is to provide confidence to stakeholders that quality standards are being maintained. As a QA analyst you will coordinate with internal departments to ensure that all vaccine batch documentation, is accurately completed before final sign off and release ensuring they are safe and efficacious. During this 2-year apprenticeship you will work towards a Level 4 Quality Practitioner qualification.
TASK & RESPONSIBILITES
* Ensure batch documentation is collated and reviewed in a timely manner
* Issue supporting documentation
* Communicate batch related deviations to main stakeholders
* Check record sheets to ensure production continuity
* Support with quality management system activities
* Minimum of 5 GCSE passes including English and Maths Grade 4/C or above
* Science related A Levels preferred or Level 3 science-based qualification
* Excellent communication and listening skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Great attention to detail and the patience to double check work for accuracy
* A flexible approach to working in a busy and varied work environment
* The capability to work within deadlines
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We offer an agile work environment where we have been able to learn and adapt throughout the Covid Pandemic. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities