InBond are a provider of specialist warehousing & document management services. With over 20 years' experience in the delivery of logistics solutions, InBond excel in providing exceptionally high levels of customer service and quality standards.
We're now looking for someone with a can-do-attitude to join our team. You will be mainly responsible of providing an integrated range of technical skills in support of the InBond group IT Applications at the Stockton site. The role will include development of existing and new systems and reporting technologies.
You will primarily help the business with developing the current software estate including, report writing, process development, web & application creation and report consolidation.
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only), or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or,
- A minimum of 12 months of work experience within an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Completing a detailed analysis of new & current software developments and calculate the estimated man hour time for the task complete to obtain accurate cost vs business need
- Strategically develop software / develop processes following the Agile lifecycle
- Constantly review the lifecycle of the InBond software estate to ensure that the software is performing to modern standards and all new features / integrations are added in line with the development lifecycle for the system.
- Provide detailed updates and strategical thinking in IT meetings on all development tasks
- Meet with customers to develop the InBond EDI capabilities, including use of the InBond middleware platform ArcESB. Design solutions alongside blue chip clients to ensure the business objectives are met
- Provide detailed analysis and design for solutions including which technology is to be used whilst adhering to development standards
- Develop and maintain software in line with GDPR, IG and current industry standards.
- Create and maintain all software documentation ensuing that each revision / release is fully documented within the IT drive
- Develop / maintain software based on the IT change control procedure
- Provide full testing of all applications that have been created or software developments. Ensure that the application meets the business requirement.
- Support the IT team with 3rd part application providers with roll outs, ensuing testing, documentation & system linking.
- Ensure all bug fixes / general application support is provided within he IT SLA policy. Ensuring correct prioritisation for each task and adapt naturally
- Participate all training events that are provided to ensure constant skills progression
- Provide application monitoring and reporting and maintain system availability and reliability
- Monitor and maintain database and system integrity
- Manage, co-ordinate and control the raising, progress and resolution of system incidents with 3rd parties and participation in incident and problem management. Provide technical support and information and assist in the delivery of system incident Root Cause Analysis reports
- Develop and maintain technical support processes, user manuals and other documentation as necessary to support service delivery
- Develop and maintain business processes
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting with ownership of technical issues, and working to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate external parties.
- Understanding, implementing and challenging the strategies for the Division.
- Consistently researching and developing the information technology structure to ensure an enhanced service to both internal and external customers.
- Participation in providing training as required.
- Follow a clear desk policy and promote a professional image and attitude.
- Design and develop applications to aid process efficiency.
- Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, sub netting, OSI network layers, and other networking concepts
- Knowledge of business systems and processes. i.e. Warehouse management system
- Excellent documentation skills, including the delivery of standard operating procedures
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with fault finding experience & knowledge
- Knowledge of EDI
Desired (but not essential) skills:
- A comprehension of database technologies including; SQL, MYSQL, ORACLE
- An understanding of multi-platform development (Node, Cordova, React & Angular)
- A comprehension of Android / iOS development
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent time keeping
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.