What would you be doing?
We are currently about to install 20+ computers onto the factory floor. Each computer will be running a piece of software which will allow the operator to scan the product, and display what requirements are needed on the product.
Several of the station software have been written and are awaiting testing. The successful candidate will be:
- De-bugging current software
- Gathering requirements from operators and writing station software from scratch
- Discussing user interfaces with operators and taking onboard the comments (And changing user interface as needed)
- Testing software and hardware
Plus working on new software projects as required by the business.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Will have knowledge and understanding of the .Net framework
- Be competent with Relational databases
- Have a good understanding of IT Hardware
- Able to work with others towards a common goal
112 UCAS points from A-Levels or Level 3 BTEC (including IT or Computer Science) or completion of a Level 3 IT apprenticeship.Future prospects
The employer is ready to invest in training to develop the skills of the successful candidate. It is a long-term career opportunity.Things to consider
Equality, diversity and inclusion are essential to our academic and business strengths.We believe that excellence comes through recognising the value of each individual.
Sheffield Hallam University welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.