- To undertake chemical analysis of food using a wide range of analytical techniques to characterise the food.
- To prioritise and organise the completion of work to assist the team in meeting customer deadlines.
- To undertake training to broaden knowledge of food analysis and analytical techniques.
- To use our LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) for data entry and sample information.
- To maintain the laboratories in a safe a tidy manner and comply with all site health and safety requirements including COSHH
- To work within the existing quality system to ensure that all analytical results produced comply with the requirement of ISO-17025
- To carry our work necessary to help maintain UKAS accreditation.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good practical skills in general chemical analysis
- Attention to detail
- Solid organisational ability
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable working closely with team members
- Generally proficient with IT
- An ability to apply knowledge to drive the business forward
- Solid timekeeping
- A desire to learn about new technologies
You will need 5 GCSEs including English and maths at grade 4/C (or equivalent).
You are also required to have achieved at least two subjects at A Level (or equivalent), including Chemistry. Alternatively, applicants must have completed a Level 3 Laboratory Technical Apprenticeship in a relevant science discipline. (e.g. Food Science) or Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship.
A Level in maths or physics preferred but not essential.Future prospects
During the apprenticeship and after you will be working in a successful food analysis laboratory with clients throughout the food supply chain.
You will have experience of a wide range of analytical techniques and be able to take on challenging new food analysis issues as they emerge.Things to consider
The role is based in High Wycombe so you must be able commute or relocate to the local area.