The Software Developer will participate in the analysis and determination of requirements. Design architectural and component software features. Build and implement systems. Review and manage test plans of final product. Be able to adapt to new programming languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project.
As a software developer, your list of tasks may include:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and other staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program code
- Testing the product in controlled, sandbox environments prior to go-live
- Preparation of training manuals for users & delivery of training
- Maintaining the systems once they have been commissioned
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. We advise you to submit your applications early to prevent disappointment.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
- Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities
- Punctual and Professional
- Detail orientated
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- GCSE maths and English Grade C/4 or above
- Predicted grades will be accepted
A permanent position may be on offer upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.