About the Company.
Specialising in the operation of branded hotels, our client is an award-winning hotel company owning and operating hotels in the United Kingdom.
They pride themselves on creating a rewarding place to work for their teams, which leads to a great experience for their guests and ultimately delivers returns to their investors.
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for an analytically minded individual who will be responsible for extracting, configuring and distributing information across the business. Working within the Data and Analytics department and collaborating with other functions to maintain and build adhoc analysis that supports the organisation in maximising revenues, minimising costs and increasing guest satisfaction.
- Mine, cleanse and provide data on a daily basis to supply the organisation with information to drive change in the business
- Produce daily reporting to assist the business in identifying risks and opportunities
- Provide data to support decision making on New Developments and Acquisitions
- Develop and maintain reporting documentation to aid transparency of data structure
- Be able to clearly articulate sources of data and the information contained in each report, to aid organisational understanding
- Attend Apprenticeship training sessions and maintain a learning journal ensuring continuous development
- Any other reasonable requests made by management
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable. Giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Understanding or experience of the hospitality industry
- An understanding of Excel, Alteryx or Tableau would be a distinct advantage
Preferred attributes and skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercially minded
- Goal orientated
- Sound ability to develop processes
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data analysis
- Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel
- Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs
- Good time management
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment
- Good written and verbal English
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isnt afraid to ask questions
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths and English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least practical experience with the workings of computers and IT/data.Future prospects
A permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates