We are looking to appoint a Business Analyst apprentice based in our Derby office. Our Business Analyst apprentice will work within our team to provide specific business analytical support on Water and/or Wastewater projects to drive increased intelligence for internal and/or external benefit.
This is an exciting and evolving aspect of the water industry, providing challenges and opportunities which require innovation, dedication, and teamwork to help us meet our clients' needs.
- Undertaking comparison between forecasted values and actual results
- Undertaking earned value analysis
- Supporting with the monthly financial processes, including invoicing and forecasting
- Undertaking "fitness for purpose" checks on data received from internal systems and stakeholders
- Undertaking statistical analysis of data and assist in the development of functional relationships
- Undertaking processes and routines within Excel and/or PowerBI to manipulate, analyse or manage data as required by clients
- Ensuring audit trails are present between data receipt and delivery to the client of resulting spreadsheets, databases etc.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of existing and proposed bespoke software tools/applications as dictated by project work
- Preparing and maintaining software documentation
Reporting and General
- Assisting with project setups
- Assisting the preparation of regular project update reports
- Discussing draft reports with relevant reviewers and making amendments as required
- Discussing project briefs with the Project Manager in order to outline his or her role in the project
- Assisting when required in the preparation of material for the purposes of marketing, bid submissions, client preparations etc.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You will be expected to have used Microsoft365 applications, and may be required to enhance your knowledge in key areas
- Keen problem-solving attitude
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Interested in developing programming and Excel skills
- Some level of understanding of the UK water industry
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above including maths, English and either IT or Science
- Educated to Level 3 as a minimum
- Please ensure that your full educational history is stated on your application
Things to consider
- By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you may be offered a permanent contract dependant on the needs of the business ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates