This is a great start function to develop as a sales professional in a challenging and growing international business. A real opportunity to contribute and make a difference from day 1 in a mid-sized company where we work together as a team.
The Apprentice Sales Executive will support a team of experienced sales managers selling speciality chemicals to customers in Europe and beyond.
Duties may include:
- Work closely with one of the sales managers who will act as commercial coach. The Administration Director will supervise from a corporate perspective
- Support management of existing and historic accounts - contact existing and historic accounts for sales; manage relationships with small or new customers
- Support new inbound customers and outbound activity to find and convert new customers, assist with search of new prospects, maintain database of prospect customers, track customer interests, approach initial prospects and do customer needs analysis, manage and grow small customer accounts
- Perform additional activities that support the sales activity (i.e. creating of price lists, chasing freight cost requests, request product samples, creating and sharing of leaflets etc)
- Perform activities to help understand the market for our products, and support the actual sales of our products (gather and record monthly product pricing info, track competitor activity, develop market insights based on publicly available information, help create content for marketing platforms and brochures, accompany staff on customer visits, support trade shows and exhibitions etc)
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Proven experience in customer service
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and numerical skills
- Good IT skills with a familiarity with Microsoft Office packages
- Well presented
- Can-do attitude
- Sense of perseverance/tenacity
- Ambition and drive to succeed
- Positive people focus, also internationally
- Coachability and openness to training
- Desire to develop a career in sales
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.Future prospects
We aim for this role to lead to promotion to future roles of increasing seniority and responsibility within the company, via sales advisor to (senior) sales manager with international responsibilities.
SIP continues to invest in its staff and competence development is a key part of our survival in a changing world. The company has (part) supported further accreditation and certification for employees, including up to degree level.Things to consider
This is an office-based role, but occasional (in future: regular) travel to customers in the UK and in Europe may be required.
Although due to corona all employees are home working, these arrangements will likely end once lockdown is over (various options for flexible working arrangements are under discussion).
SIP is a relatively small company and we pride ourselves on our agility; we all pitch in at times when necessary with tasks outside our usual remit and a flexible mindset is key Annual salary: £16,000 to increase to £18,000 after 12 months subject to performance 25 days leave entitlement Pension plan with company matching contribution Private health insurance option.