We are looking to appoint a number of Data Analyst Apprentices at various locations across the UK. Our Data Analyst Apprentices work within our team to provide specific data management support on Water and / or Wastewater projects to drive increased intelligence for internal and/or external benefit.
This is an exciting and evolving aspect of the water industry, providing challenges and opportunities which require innovation, dedication and teamwork to help us meet our clients' needs.
- Undertaking "fitness for purpose" checks on data received from clients
- Undertaking statistical analysis of data and assist in the development of functional relationships
- Undertaking processes and routines within Excel and/or GIS to manipulate, analyse or manage data as required by clients
- Ensuring audit trails are present between data receipt and delivery to client of resulting spreadsheets, databases etc.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of existing and proposed bespoke software tools/applications as dictated by project work
- Preparing and maintaining software documentation
Reporting and General
- Assisting the preparation of factual and interpretative reports
- Discussing draft reports with relevant reviewers and making amendments as required
- Discussing project briefs with the Project Manager in order to outline his or her role in the project
- Assisting when required in the preparation of material for the purposes of marketing, bid submissions, client preparations etc.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You will be expected to have used MS 365 applications, and may be required to enhance your knowledge in key areas
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Interested in developing programming and excel skills
- Some level of understanding of the UK water industry
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science
- Educated to Level 3 as a minimum ( For Data Analyst / Business Analyst)
- Please ensure that your full educational history is stated on your application
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you may be offered a permanent contract dependant on the needs of the business ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.Things to consider
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself.We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.