The laboratory is located in a 5-star rated private dental practice & provides technical support for the full dental team.
Responsibilities could include:
- Design, make, modify, and repair custom made dental devices
- Use hand-tools and precision equipment
- Shape materials like gold, porcelain, and plastic
A full range of dental technology is provided within our laboratory, except orthodontics, training in all will be provided and the work will encompass all aspects within the suitability of the successful candidate following qualification:
- Cobalt Chrome partials
- Multipart Dentures
- Crown & Bridge
- Precision attachments
- Milled Telescopics
- Digital Design & Production
- 3D Printing
- CAD CAM Software
- Product Development
- Research Projects
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- Good work ethic
- An ability to rise to challenges
- High level of manual dexterity (which we will assess & advise applicants on through our established exercises)
- A suitable applicant can be artistic or IT intuitive or both
Applicants will have successfully completed a level 3 qualification in any subject, but sciences are preferred e.g. A-levels, or BTEC Extended Diploma or a level 3 apprenticeship (or equivalent).
Applicants should also have 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English, Mathematics, and a science.
We're happy to consider applicants with non-traditional entry qualifications provided they can demonstrate relevant experience or a suitable portfolio of work that is deemed a reasonable substitute for the above qualifications.Future prospects
Becoming a fully qualified Dental Technician.Things to consider
Proof of qualifications will be asked for at interview stage to evidence, maths, English,and a science.