A 12-month Industry Placement has become available working within the Building Surveying team in London. Our Building Surveying Team provides a wide spectrum of technical advice about buildings, covering every aspect of assessing, developing, occupying, maintaining and adapting real estate assets of every type.
This sandwich placement is an opportunity for under-graduate students that are currently completing their 2nd year of university studies and are looking for a year in industry to support their degree.
The role will commence in September 2021 through to August 2022.
- You will work with market leading experts and offer technical advice on a range of property types across the UK and Europe;
- Attend site visits for a range of purposes including monitoring progress of works, building surveys, defects analysis and measured surveys with team;
- Assisting in the preparation of reports following the above site inspections and providing recommendations on compliance;
- Supporting the undertaking of the Contract Administrator / Employers Agent role on various size projects
- Take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it;
- Deliver elements of assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff;
- Provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner;
- Be a team player and provide widespread support to the team.
- Working towards a relevant degree in Building surveying;
- A clear-thinking individual demonstrating attention to detail, someone who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction;
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Company and outside;
- A broad thinker who can take a global view and has an inherent ability to 'get the job done';
- Able to manage priorities;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Innovative and self-motivated;
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft packages;
- Can adhere to deadlines and manage expectations.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Dallas, is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2020 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees serving clients in more than 100 countries. CBRE serves a diverse range of clients with an integrated suite of services, including facilities, transaction, and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In the UK, we service our clients from our offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.