Working in a busy warehouse, learning how to prepare and package customer orders to ensure they are ready to be processed for despatching and shipping. Our Warehouse Apprentice will be based at our Warehouse near Reading, reporting into the UK Warehouse Manager. As part of the apprenticeship, you will be working towards achieving your reach truck licence and a Level 2 in Warehouse and Logistics, with 30 hours a month dedicated to training, including online course work. We are looking for someone who is a great team player, with good communication skills, and a desire to learn.
- General warehouse duties
- Accurate picking/packing of stock
- Keeping the warehouse tidy
- Updating spreadsheets
- Helping in stock control activities - stock counts, data entry
- Assisting in Goods in - Book new deliveries in and putting it away in location
- Assisting in Dispatch departments when required - Which involves picking/packing orders and then completing on the system
- Booking hauliers for collection of pallet orders
- Using UPS/DHL/TNT Web pages to book same day collections
- Keeping up to date with Apprenticeship training
- Other duties may be assigned
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to carry out general warehouse duties
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Intermediate Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive team player
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- GCSE grade 4/C or above in Maths and English (preferred)
- Candidates with previous experience using Reach Trucks will also be considered
In addition to a competitive salary, you will be supported in obtaining your truck licence and a Level 2 qualification in Warehouse and Logistics. Our client also offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes BUPA, Pension contributions up to 8%, 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day every 5 years to a maximum of 30 days), cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.