Are you a Graduate / Junior Data Scientist, who is looking to work in a fast paced, global, market leading company?
Here at Innovative Technology we have an excellent opportunity for a Graduate or Junior Data Scientist (Python, Matlab) to join our talented team in our global head office in Oldham, Manchester. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary.
We're heading towards our 30th year here at Innovative Technology, where we now have offices on five continents and employ around 400 people, with over 100 based from our state-of-the-art R&D hub and global head office in Oldham, Manchester
From self-service checkouts to arcade machines, we provide our retail, banking, kiosk, vending, gaming and amusement customers with products and services that help them securely accept automated payments, with our industry leading technology keeping us at the forefront of our sector
By being true to our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Respect and Drive we've seen significant growth and won numerous domestic and international awards, whilst offering outstanding career opportunities and great benefits. You'll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with modern offices, free parking and excellent transport links
About the role of our Graduate / Junior Data Scientist:
Our Data Scientists help power our ITL products with cutting-edge machine learning algorithms. Joining our dynamic team, you will work with a diverse range of data where you will have the ability to showcase your mathematical toolbox and advance your data science skills
Whether you are researching, developing or implementing machine learning algorithms, as our Graduate Data Scientist you will be responsible for the progress of your own project and its integration in a real-world product
Responsibilities of our Graduate / Junior Data Scientist:
- Investigating and analyse sensor, image, time and numerical information to identify insights and patterns in data
- Researching cutting-edge machine learning algorithms for Innovative Technology's currency validation technologies
- Designing, implement and validate new algorithms to ensure our product accuracy continues to be industry leading
- Participating in quarterly internal Kaggle events on ITL concepts and ideas
- Participating and present at regular team knowledge sharing events
- Attending conferences, seminars and other events to ensure we are keeping up to date with newest Machine Learning techniques
Skills and experience we're looking for in our Graduate / Junior Data Scientist:
- Degree or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science or Computational Science
- Passion for researching and implementing machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Highly numerate, analytically minded with a practical approach to solving problems
- Experience in programming, ideally in Python or MATLAB and C++
- Experience in computer vision and image processing
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques such as Support Vector Machines, Decision Trees and Deep Learning
Benefits we can offer you as our Graduate / Junior Data Scientist:
- Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
- Flexible working hours and some working from home available
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot premium drinks Subject to COVID restrictions
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you're looking to develop as a Software Engineer (C#, C++ & MySQL) and want to join our award-winning team on the latest cutting-edge technology we want to hear from you! Click Apply today, to become our Graduate / Junior Data Scientist.
A better way... Through our people, drive and commitment we push boundaries to deliver innovative products and services.