If you have graduated or are soon to graduate in a Building Surveyor related degree then this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Building Surveyor is a key multi-disciplined role that touches all aspects of looking after building assets within a wider portfolio. This role is one that works as part of a team within a matrix but with the freedom to use your specialist knowledge and creative thinking, to solve problems that support your wider team to achieve their ambitious goals.
- Input into and contribute to company-wide projects/initiatives where related to your area
- Seek out and suggest new opportunities to add value.
- Work with the Regional Building Consultancy Lead or Senior Surveyor and contribute to wider pieces of work which align to the wider strategic objectives
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to understand their business needs and priorities from a B&C perspective and provide support, expertise and advice.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects within your site or building(s) using your knowledge of internal and external best practice, including life cycle analysis and preparation of service charge major project plans
- Engage with portfolio team on inputting delivery to a high standard, in line with customer expectations.
- Responsible for the delivery projects from low to medium value and complexity, for assets and required Cat A & B fit-outs, using innovative and progressive solutions.
- Collaborate with the internal QS team on budgets and costs, driving best possible value against a backdrop of in house benchmark data
- Develop a full understanding of every element of the fabric and infrastructure of buildings in your portfolio, in order to provide joined up advice and decision making
- To pro-actively manage the delivery of the portfolio strategic works/projects in line with asset plans
- Contribute to delivery compliance with company policies and practices and manage statutory risk within your own area (including CDM, Mees regulations etc.)
What's important to us:
- You'll be passionate about sustainability and have an understanding of our strategy and the challenges around sustainability in commercial buildings
- You'll have studied Building Surveying or an equivalent
- You'll be adaptable and hard working, developing your career at Bruntwood as so many have done before as graduates
Have a good look around our website for more information about what we have been up to and what we have planned for the future!